Cuba is stunning, lively and surprising – its like stepping into a time-machine and going back more than half a century to a time where pirates still stalked the Carribean.
This summer we were so fortunate to be invited on a fantastic trip to Cuba to celebrate Martin’s mother turning 60.
It turned out to be a great time to visit – 10 days after we left Havana, the United States and Cuba re-established diplomatic relations and reopened embassies in each other’s capitals.
This was our route:
- Saturday 20th June: Departure from Copenhagen with arrival in Havana in the evening.
- Sat. 20 – Tues. 23 June: Havana
- Tues 23 – Fri. 26 June: Viñales
- Fri 26 – Mon. 29 June: Penínzula de Zapata. Staying at Hotel Horizontes Villa Guamá, which is located the middle of the Lagoon of the Treasure built in traditional cuban architecture.
- Mon. 29 June – Fri. 3rd July: Trinidad
- Fri. 3rd – Wed. 8 July: Varadero
- Wed. 8 – Fri. 10 July: Havana
- Fri. 10 July: Departure from Havana to Copenhagen, with a stop-over in Toronto
Three weeks of sun, cigars, music, culture and wonderful landscapes! All my photos are gathered here by destination.
Guama and Bay of Pigs
Trinidad and Area